RBDC is actively pursuing farmers and institutions to make Sisal a regular fibre crop and business in Pakistan.
- Livestock Based Rural Economy. In the past decade or so, farmers focused more on production of off season vegetables using tunnel agriculture technology. It helped increase farm incomes despite market challenges and price fluctuations. Climate change made it even more risky. Unfortunately, farmers paid less attention to move from subsistence livestock farming to Livestock Value Chains. There are some good examples of success here and there but it has not been picked up by majority of the farmers. RBDC is in process to build a model to scale up its livestock value chain in South Punjab.
- RBDC is working on “KatoRani -All Women Cotton Value Chain
- Sugar Mill owners owe 5.4 Billion Rupees to Sugarcane farmers
- RBDC is registering small rural organisations. Members will be helped build capacity in rural value chains. CBOs working on agriculture are encouraged to apply.
- RBDC is actively pursuing farmers and institutions to make Sisal a regular fibre crop and business in Pakistan.